Data Engineering Role
- full-time data engineering position, based in London, UK (not remote)
- VC-backed company with technical founders and investors
- multiple openings, looking both for junior and senior developers
- focus on using Deep Learning and NLP for Software Development
- plenty of work to be done on data pipelines, internal tools, harvesting, and more
- impact-driven, with your team investigating and deciding what needs to be done
- opportunity to work on Machine Learning
- generous skill-based compensations, salary and equity
About the company
We are an early-stage product company working towards building the next generation of AI to enhance software development.
Our mission is to drive the inevitable AI transformation of the software industry to empower humans, while letting machines take care of our grunt work.
In the short term, we focus on helping developers write production-quality code by using AI to reduce the time and the cognitive effort required when reviewing or repairing code.
At the heart of Prodo’s AI is a lot of data. We’re looking for people who love to work with gigabytes of both highly structured and fuzzy data, and extract as much relevant information as possible.
We get data from pretty much everywhere:
- version control systems, such as Git
- online repositories (think GitHub)
- generated statistics around code
- metrics based on developer behaviour
- static analysis
- runtime analysis
- interactions with our own UI
- and much more
All of this feeds into various machine learning models (primarily neural networks), where we have a whole new set of interesting problems you’ll get to work on:
- creating data pipelines to ensure that our input is always getting better
- manipulating code into terse, powerful graph structures
- powering enrichment with ML
- building internal tools to facilitate data collection and analysis
- extracting insights and turning them into actionable feedback
- scaling analysis to hundreds of machines on AWS
Data engineers at Prodo quickly become experts in the field. The breadth of problems we’re solving require us to learn new things every day, make quick decisions and implement scalable solutions. We take pride in our product’s value over specific features, so we move fast and in small increments to make sure we’re always delivering.
We always try to use the best technology for the job, and we change what we use with the job. Everything is conversation-driven, with the data team sitting squarely in the middle.
We’re big fans of highly-structured graph data, pair programming, type systems, sushi, squash, flexible working hours, and healthy amounts of sleep.
How to apply
Did this sound intriguing? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV or some links to your profile (or previous work) to start a discussion.